Update on my Studio


We’ve been working hard at the studio (hahaha…did I just say “we”? OK – my husband has been working hard!)

I’ve lost count on the number of coats/sanding/recoats of sheetrock mud to the walls and ceiling, but it’s almost there! The dust from sanding the mud has permeated every nook and cranny of the building. The ceiling still has to be finished, but the trim for the windows went up today. At first I wanted deep windows (oh, I forgot what they’re called), but after reading about the different window trims and recommendations, I decided to go with the standard trim since it was a small room.
Painting just may happen this week – You’ll be soooo surprised!

It’s 53 degrees in the Trashcan

I bought one of these wireless thermometers for my husband for Christmas – it has an outside sensor to let you know what the temperature is at any given moment inside and outside (well, at least wherever the sensors are). My husband recently put the outdoor sensor in my studio to ensure it stays above 50 degrees in there. (It has to stay at least 50 degrees so that the sheetrock mud dries right). I was cleaning up the odds and ends the other night and I put it in the trash. I just thought it was our old sensor (never mind the faint sense of confusion as to why the broken one would have been there in the first place). The revelation did not come to me until later when my husband mentioned the studio temperature as he was looking at the display. I fessed up that the sensor was in the trash. We’ll take it out before trash day, but it makes for a few laughs until then.

And yes, it’s 53 degrees in the trashcan.